Inspired by Ace Attorney and Zero Escape games, Exogenesis ~Perils of Rebirth~ is an adventure game/visual novel hybrid which puts together the point-and-click gameplay of adventure games with the heavy focus on storytelling found in visual novels.
As fans of Ace Attorney and Zero Escape games, we couldn’t help but notice there’s a lack of such games in the market. We’re always left waiting for the next installment in those franchises for many months, if not years. That’s why we want to fill the void.
Thankfully, an engine for the kind of game we’ve set our sights on was already available (major props to PyTom, creator of Ren’Py). We realized we didn’t have to start from the ground up, and all that was left to do was put the pedal to the metal. We at Kwan (formerly Agos Studio) put together our skills and years of experience from our respective fields, and thus Exogenesis was born!
- Many hours of gameplay – with 6 chapters planned spanning over 150,000 words and numerous puzzles to dismantle and solve, Exogenesis promises at least over 20 hours of gameplay
- Important moral choices affect the story – By hook or by crook, your dead sister must be reborn!
- High replay value with multiple endings and branching story paths
- Memorable cast of characters whose fates are determined by your decisions
- Stunning rendition of post-apocalyptic Japan with real-life landmarks
- Mysterious, intricate plots both personal and of larger scale
- Mind-boggling thematic environmental puzzles – contextual puzzles that make sense and aren’t just there for the heck of it
- Character interrogation – gather physical and circumstantial evidences and use them as leverage in coaxing your former comrades
It’s 2069. Yudai Sayashi’s ragtag club of “treasure hunters” (referred to as looters by those who know them), Durchhalten, was closer to real treasure than they’ve ever been. Overly eager, Yu’s sister Miho ran carelessly towards the vault and triggered a deadly trap that proved to be fatal.
Two years later, Yu comes across a startling discovery. The mythical Noah’s Ark, borne of legend by those who believe the old world can be restored, turns out to be a real thing.
With the help of genius kid Toshio, Yu learns about the existence of the Lazarus Protocol inside the Ark – a system that can recreate anything from the past – a machination developed during the time when humanity’s survival was uncertain. Using the Ark, Yu believes Miho can be brought back to life.
Before setting out to find the Ark, however, Yu wants to bring the Durchhalten back together. The group had disbanded two years ago after the tragic incident, and he wants everyone to be there when Miho opens her eyes once more.